Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I bring to Obedience Class?
- Please bring your entire family!!! The entire human* household should participate in dog training there is no extra cost for this!!!
- *please leave doggy family members who are not enrolled at home
- A leather leash 5-8ft in length (do not bring a flexi extendable lead)
- A filled out and signed copy of the New Client Waiver Form and a signed copy of the Love Your Canine Waiver Form
- A copy of your dogs current vaccination records from a licensed veterinarian (DHPP, Rabies, and Bordetella are required)
- A regular flat collar for the first lesson (after evaluating your dog a different training tool may be recommended such as a gentle leader, easy walk, or training collar)
- Small soft treats; some great ones are Solid Gold or Wellness treats, tiny pieces of cooked chicken are also a favorite!
- A Ziploc bag to carry the treats in your pocket or bring a treat pouch
- A bowl and two bottles of water, one for you and one for your dog!
- Love Your Canine strongly recommends anyone enrolling in Basic Obedience Class to read The Monks of New Skete The Art of Raising A Puppy prior to the first day of class.
- Why can't I send my dog to you to be trained?
- The goal of Love Your Canine is to teach you how to become the best trainer for your dog!
- When you know how to effectively teach your dog it strengthens the bond you have with your companion and allows you to continue teaching your dog new behaviors! This is stimulating and fun for both of you!
- When dogs are sent away to "doggy school" often times the dogs revert back to their old behaviors after a few weeks or months because they owners did not learn how to train the dog or how to maintain the training.
- A well mannered dog does not get that way with sporadic two week "training camps." One of the most important rules of dog training is consistency, if you know how to train and properly motivate your dog you will be able to consistently practice and improve upon their training.