Hiking with your dogs in San Diego!
Important tips for hiking with your dog in San Diego County
- It is very important to bring LOTS of water not only for yourself but for your dog.
- On hot days >75 degrees it is crucial to pour water on your dog during the hike to help keep them cool!
- If you have a dog that is heat intolerant such as: a bull dog, pit bull, boston terrier, french bull dog, etc. be especially cautious of the heat and proactive in keeping them cool!
- Even in areas where dogs are required to be on leash, expect about half of them to be unleashed. If your dog is dog aggressive do not bring them!
- If there is poison oak off of the trail make sure your dog does not run through it, they won't catch it, but you will!
- Rattle snakes are prevalent within the county be very cautious when hiking with your dog!
Great Hikes in San Diego County!
- Cowles Mountain/Mission Trails
- Lake Murray
- Notes: Expect to see many dogs and people on this paved walkway!